To be accepted at universities in Germany with IB® diploma, the rules of the > decision by the conference of the German ministers of education (KMK) of 10 March 1986 in the version of 1 october 2015 apply.
The special conditions for > GIB as well as the conditions for the admission of IB diploma at universities in Germany imply that the students attend to the following classes during the two years of IB Diploma Programme:
- German (at German International School: German A Literature)
- one foreign language as “Language A” or “Language B Higher Level” subject (German International School Doha: English B in HL)
- one natural sciences subject (German International School Doha : Biology compulsory, Chemistry optionally)
- one social sciences subject (German International School Doha: History)
- either mathematics or a natural sciences subject as a “Higher Level” subject
- as sixth subject either one more subject of category 1 to 4 (see > IB subjects) or one of the following subjects: Art/Design, Music, Theatre Arts; Film, Literature and Performance, one more modern foreign language, Latin, Classical Greek, General Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Environmental Systems, Computer Science, Design Technology, World Religions, Sports exercise and health science
(DISD: Visual Arts)
- in all six chosen subjects the students have to achieve at least 4 out of 7 points (balancing rule: one grade of 3 can be compensated by a grade of 5 in case that there have been achieved at least 24 out of 45 points in all subjects in total)
Please be aware that there is no guarantee for a place to study at any given university.
Try to get specific information about the conditions for admission at the university at which you would like to study as soon as possible!
The chances for admission with > GIB at universities in Germany are nevertheless quite good since a student with IB/ GIB will fall automatically into the category/ contingent of “Bildungsausländer“, for which universities in Germany have to reserve a certain percentage of their places to study.