Spread the word · All are invited · Entrance Free! Save the date! Winter Bazaar at school: 7th DECEMBER 2019, 2 to 5pm. Join us for a day of fun, games, children activities, music, food, handicrafts, and other vendors. To participate with a stall, where you can sell your hand crafts, homemade food, or pre-loved […]
How well does my child have to speak German to be able to attend the GIB at the German School Doha?
Your child needs the B2 level, which means in detail:
- Listening comprehension
• I can understand in detail what I’m told in the standard language – even if there are disturbing noises in the surroundings.
• I can understand most documentary broadcasts on the radio that speak standard language and hear the speakers’ mood, etc.
• I can understand reports, live interviews, talk shows, TV plays and most movies on TV, as long as the standard language is spoken, not dialect.
- Reading comprehension
• I can quickly grasp the content and importance of news, articles, and reports on topics related to my interests or profession.
• I can also read and understand articles that go beyond my own area if I can occasionally look up the dictionary for control purposes.
• I can read reviews that deal with the content and judgment of cultural events (movies, theater, books, concerts), and summarize the main messages.
• I can write a summary of an article on a topic of general interest.
• I can summarize information from various sources and media in writing.
• I can write a short discussion about a movie or a book.
Are there admission tests?
No. Please bring the Grade 10 certificate to a meeting. There will then be an individual consultation
Can you also go to German universities of applied sciences with the GIB degree?
Yes, the GIB also includes a general entrance qualification if, in addition, a one-year internship has been carried out in qualified companies which are training companies (46 weeks of work, 6 weeks of holidays).
Which universities accept the GIB?
The GIB is recognized by the Conference of Ministers of Education in Germany.
Can my child cross?
Generally not – consultation essential!
Is there a registration deadline?
Generally in the beginning of April
How much is the GIB / Secondary level?
QR 46,632 per year
Which combinations of subjects are possible?
Basically the subjects English, German, Biology, Maths and History have to be taken.
This post is also available in: German